Shopping for your dress hits home the fact that you’re getting married – it’s an exciting and nerve wracking time! Remember, this is the time of your life, so go in prepared and ready, and excited! Here are a few tips for you to consider when going wedding dress fitting!
- Don’t Wear Heavy Makeup: Chances are, you’re going to be trying on several dress, and the last thing you need to do is smudge makeup on the dress! Wear the minimum amount of makeup that you’re comfortable with.
- Bring Your Mum and/or Friends: You’ll need a second opinion. To be completely honest, you’re starry eyed and desire that perfect dress, but your mum or friends will be able to help steer you in the right direction! You want to look your best, so take their advice and decide on which one you love most!
- Bring Heels: If you’re wearing heels, then be sure to bring some. Make sure they’re the right height so you can get an exact idea.
- Undergarments: One of the most important pieces to your wedding gown is the undergarments! You want the dress to look its best, so make sure you’re wearing the proper items such as a:
- Corset: Great for dresses that don’t have a built-in corset. Helps to keep everything lifted, tight, and where it belongs!
- Bra: Whether it’s a strapless bra or an adjustable one, make sure you bring the right one! You can’t go wrong if you take both along, just in case you change your mind on dress style.
- Right Style Panties: If you’re wearing a tight fitting, lighter material wedding dress, than you want to make sure your undergarments don’t draw unnecessary (and embarrassing!) attention.
- Accessories: You’ll want to keep in mind (or bring) the accessories that you plan on wearing. That way you’ll know if the accessories match, or if they’re too much.
- Dressing Your Body Type: Not everyone is the same! And that’s the beauty of shopping! Find a dress that best accentuates your body type. Bringing your friends and mum to help you choose the right dress will definitely come in handy!
- Pre & Post Wedding Arrangements: Chances are, once you and your new spouse are headed to your honeymoon destination, the last thing on your mind is your wedding dress! Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Schedule a Pick-Up Time: Before the wedding, you’ll want to schedule a time to retrieve your dress.
- Cleaners Number: You’ll want to have a cleaner number and location in mind just in case something spilled or you need to freshen up your dress.
- Schedule a Return: If you’re renting your dress, you’ll want to, again, schedule a time for drop off and someone who will do the return for you.
- Know When You’re Paying: Make sure you know when you’re to pay for the dress – whether it’s all up front or through payments, make sure you’re ready with pocket book in hand.
- Know Your Budget! This is a biggie. Know what your limit is, and stay below your maximum amount. We know you love that £3200 Vera Wang dress, but if it’s not in the budget, don’t even try it on!
- Renting or Buying? Decide ahead of time if you’re renting or buying. This will minimalize your dress shop options. Buying second hand wedding dresses from http://www.gumtree.com/wedding-dresses or http://www.dreamsecondhandweddingdress.co.uk/ is one option if you’re looking to stay under budget and buy.
- Schedule Your Fittings: It’s best to schedule a fitting ahead of time. Plus, most dress shops require an appointment. Also, this gives you an opportunity to map out all your dress shopping locations, keeping you organised and on track; especially important if you are going to have a few glasses of bubbly as you try dresses on.
From your accessories to a scheduled dress fitting, make sure you’re ready for this adventure ahead of time! This is a fun, and exciting time, but a bit of preparation goes a long way!